As part of the work underway, we have looked at how assets are used in digital marketing and improvements will now include support for online editorial usage of assets for tourism-related purposes.
The library will have new controls in place to ensure assets have necessary rights applied when supplied by third parties. In order to do this, destination partners will be required to re-submit assets for approval by VisitBritain and asked to sign a new license to permit upload and distribution via the system.
Updates will also include:
- Permissions based access ensuring assets are seen by the right people
- Images downloaded with essential credit information under new terms and conditions
- Out of date assets will be removed to ensure regions are promoted with the best possible imagery
- Gaps to be filled working more closely with destination management organisations and industry partners
- Intuitive search tools and easy to follow guidelines
- Projects workspace for compiling and downloading assets
- VisitBritain Images Collection available for online and social editorial uses
- Trade and Media editorial collection for online and print use.
Assets will be restricted to online editorial purposes only until new submissions are made.
For guidelines on how to submit assets into VBI, please contact the support team at email@example.com.