Find the latest support and guidance for tourism businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Last updated: 4th October 2022
Update 21 February 2022:
The Prime Minister said that the UK Government will continue to work closely with the Devolved Administrations, but the ongoing approach for England will be around four principles, including:
- The removal of all domestic restrictions in law.
- From Thursday, 24 February:
- The legal requirement to self-isolate following a positive test will end. Self-isolation support payments will also end. COVID provisions for Statutory Sick Pay will still be able to be claimed for a further month.
- Routine contact tracing will end. Fully vaccinated close contacts and those under 18 will no longer be asked to test daily for seven days.
- The legal requirement for close contacts who are not fully vaccinated to self-isolate will be removed.
- Until 1 April, people who test positive will still be advised to stay at home. After April 1 people with Covid-19 symptoms will be advised to exercise personal responsibility.
- From 1 April:
- Free symptomatic and asymptomatic testing for the general public will end.
- The UK Government will no longer recommend the use of voluntary COVID19-status certification, although the NHS app will continue to allow people to indicate their vaccination status for international travel.
- Continuing to protect the most vulnerable with targeted vaccines and treatments.
- Maintaining resilience: ongoing surveillance, contingency planning and the ability to reintroduce key capabilities such as mass vaccination and testing in an emergency
- Securing innovations and opportunities from the COVID-19 response, including investment in life sciences.
Government guidance on working safely
How to reduce the spread of respiratory infections, including Covid-19, in the workplace.
Ventilation of indoor spaces
Guidance on the ventilation of indoor spaces to reduce the spread of respiratory infections, including Covid-19.
Advice from ACAS
Guidance on handling employees, including sick pay, managing long Covid and looking after mental health.
Latest health advice
Find an overview of the virus, including the symptoms and latest advice on preventing its spread, from the NHS.
Long COVID advice for employers and employees
Guidance from ACAS on sickness and absence from the workplace because of long Covid.
Be aware of COVID-19 vaccine fraud
Download the Government quick guide to preventing COVID-19 vaccine fraud.
Reopening case studies
Learn how other tourism businesses reopened during the Covid-19 pandemic, including how they are ensuring their business is Covid-Secure.
VisitEngland Support Webinars
Our free VisitEngland Academy Business Support webinars can help you get back on track, through practical tips, case studies and guidance.
Guidance from Enterprise Nation
The Coronavirus Small Business Support Hub contains updates on small business funding and can connect you with people and resources to keep trading.