All existing Large Scale projects and Year 3 Small Scale projects were eligible to apply for additional funding. In light of COVID-19, the activity to be delivered in Year 5 is now focusing on the up-weighting of domestic activity to aid the recovery of the tourism products created and maintaining trade relationships for when key international markets re-open.
Eligible projects will do the following:
- To scale up product across a wider geographical area, including collaboration with other DEF projects
- To adapt and/or further develop product (deepen and broaden the offer) and consider approaches that extend the season, addressing low season and shoulder periods
- To undertake additional market penetration in existing international markets – with a focus on embedding products with Travel Trade through trade engagement activity
- Activity in a new market – in the current environment the focus should be domestic
- Plus - projects should demonstrate their products appeal to, and how it can be adapted for, the domestic market in the short term to aid recovery; help build a clear plan for long term sustainability and re-engagement with their chosen international markets.
Project delivery will be from September 2020 – March 2021.