The new initiatives
- Making travel easier with a new GREAT tourism rail offer, including five new easy to book rail itineraries to help tourists seamlessly travel around the UK.
- Addressing the industry’s seasonal nature through a flexible apprenticeship scheme that allows training to be completed over 16-18 months rather than 12, with breaks included.
- Cutting red tape with sensible regulation by changing licensing to allow B&Bs to offer a welcome drink, and modifying vehicle licensing will allow B&B owners to pick up visitors from train stations.
The Tourism Action plan sets out how the Government is delivering on its priorities
- The tourism landscape – including the restructuring of VisitBritain and VisitEngland and the announcement of the £40 million Discover England Fund
- Skills – boosting apprenticeships and attracting more people to careers in tourism
- Common sense regulations – examining the scope for deregulation
- Transport – making it easier for visitors to explore by rail, bus and coach
- A GREAT welcome – driving continuous improvements in the visa service