VisitBritain works with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and other cross-government partners to offer Government Advocacy to UK organisations, strengthening, boosting and adding value to their bids or future international business events. We make requests to the relevant Government departments (where feasible) that could aid the winning of international business events to the UK, or to grow the international profile of existing UK business events.
Government Advocacy support can take many forms, such as:
- Letters or videos of support from Ministerial or Senior Government figures to strengthen and boost the UK winning potential for international business events
- Welcome video from Ministerial or Senior Government figures in support of the upcoming the event, welcoming attendees to the UK
- Live or virtual attendance at an international event bid by a Government Minister or influencer (e.g. meeting a bid committee)
- Keynote speech
Further support could also involve the global GREAT Britain Campaign, through branding and marketing support. This campaign showcases the best of what the UK has to offer to inspire the world and encourages people to visit, do business, invest and study in the UK. It is the Government’s most ambitious international promotional campaign ever, uniting the efforts of the public and private sector to generate jobs and growth for Britain. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why should I apply?
Add value, strengthen and boost your bid or your event by connecting with Ministerial, Senior Government and high profile figures. You can:
- Increase the chances of winning future business events by receiving Government support in your bids
- Grow attendance or win an event by promoting the UK as host destination for your future business events
- Promote your events and welcome delegates in the UK
The UK offers unrivalled knowledge, ideas, expertise, and innovation, while attendees feel inspired by the UK’s creative minds and entrepreneurial spirit.
Interested in learning more about the UK as a leading destination for business events? Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
How to apply
- Read carefully the application guidelines, paying attention to the fund’s objectives and eligibility criteria. If you need clarification do not hesitate to get in touch.
- If you fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria, please complete the Government Advocacy application form and return it to EventSupport@visitbritain.org, with the following reference in the subject line: [Advocacy/Event name].
This support is offered all year round and applications are welcome on an ongoing basis. We recommend applying as early as possible, to get the best possible assistance. Please allow a minimum of one month for advocacy requests.
Be aware that submitting a request for support, regardless of whether the minimum criteria is satisfied, does not ensure that the support will be made available under this or any other initiative.