The next publication of GBDVS data will be in 22 December 2022. This will be the data collected during 2021 (April – December). Below is the most recent data currently available from 2019.
GBDVS 2019 Annual Report
2019 – Tourism Day Visits at a glance
The GB Day Visitor Survey 2019 (PDF, 4.6MB | PPT, 3.7MB) is the latest annual report for the survey. This provides a detailed overview of survey findings, broken down by regions, demographics and other key variables.
GBDVS 2019 Monthly Results
- December (PDF, 351KB)
- November (PDF, 351KB)
- October (PDF, 351KB)
- September (PDF, 351KB)
- August 2019 (PDF, 351KB)
- July 2019 (PDF, 354KB)
- June 2019 (PDF, 379KB)
- May 2019 (PDF, 343KB)
- April 2019 (PDF, 344KB)
- March and Q1 2019 (PDF, 344KB)
About the Great Britain Day Visits Survey
The GBDVS uses an online methodology, weekly interviews and an annual sample of c. 35,000 adults in Great Britain. For this survey, it is important to define 'tourism day visits' in a way that is both measurable and in line with international recommendations. For the Great Britain Day Visits Survey, a 'tourism day visit' trip must:
- Involve participation in one of 15 leisure activities;
- Have lasted at least three hours (including travel);
- Not be an activity which is undertaken 'very regularly'; and
- Be in a destination outside the respondent's place of residence (or place of work if this was the start point of the trip). The exceptions to this are trips to special public events, live sporting events and visitor attractions.