Digital Marketing Toolkit
From building connections with existing and potential customers, to raising your profile and using analytics to improve your content, our Toolkit takes you through the basics of marketing, advertising and online booking, so you can make sure your digital marketing counts.
* Look out for a fully updated version of the toolkit, being published early November 2019 *
Top tips from the toolkit:
- Tag images with Alt-text to improve search-ability and site accessibility
- Use free Google My Business posts to promote new products or seasonal offers
- Link AdWords to your Google Analytics account to make campaigns easier to track
- Use Facebook ads to target users by location, interests and even purchase history
- If you receive a negative review, a good format for response is often: Acknowledge, Defuse, Detail, Resolve.
Download individual chapters
Managing your website PDF, 0.2MB
Learn how to structure your website, choose a content management system, take online bookings and use Google Analytics to improve your website performance.
Creating content PDF, 0.2MB
Learn about the importance of visual content, using blogs effectively, email marketing and improving your search engine optimisation.
Using Google products PDF, 0.1MB
Make the most of Google My Business for Google platforms and learn how to use Google Adwords to target specific audiences.
Maximising your social media PDF, 0.2MB
Get an overview of the main social media platforms, find how paid social advertising works and learn how to make the most of scheduling tools.
Working with digital channels PDF, 0.1MB
Get tips for responding on TripAdvisor and learn the difference between metasearch sites and online travel agents (OTAs).
Digital skills training
Training in digital skills from Google
Upgrade your digital skills with courses from Google Digital Garage, including social media.
Training in digital skills from Barclays
Find out about courses that could help you upgrade your digital skills and build your confidence online.
Training in digital skills from Lloyds
Get information on courses that could help you upgrade your digital skills, including building your brand online.