Why apply to the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence?
You’ve got to be in it to win it! Entering the England tourism awards can help you improve business performance, create PR opportunities and show that you provide a truly excellent customer experience.
It’s now easier than ever to apply. Simply complete one application online for your local competition and you could become a local or even national winner.
Increased PR opportunities
- Gain valuable press coverage using your success as a hook for local media
- A media pack is provided to national winners, as well as the official VisitEngland Awards for Excellence logos to allow you to promote your success in your marketing communications
Be recognised nationally
- Core category winners in local competitions are automatically put forward to the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence
- Be recognised by potential customers as one of the best tourism businesses in the country
- National winners will be promoted by VisitEngland’s consumer communication channels
Gain a competitive edge
- Stand out from your competitors. Being an award winner provides you with a unique selling point to promote
- An official endorsement and trusted logo gives potential customers another reason to book or visit
Improve your business practices
- All entrants will receive feedback on their application from an independent judge, highlighting areas for improvement
- Competing against businesses in your area can give you a benchmark and a tangible level of success to aim for
- Applying for an award is a useful business management exercise. The application process helps you step back, reflect on your business and identify areas for future development
Reward and motivate your team
- Being an award winner can help you attract high quality staff and increase staff motivation and loyalty
- Engender a feeling of pride within those who work for you
- Winning an award is a great opportunity to reward your staff and recognise their contribution to the business
Celebrate and network at the awards events
- Enjoy your success and network with other businesses in your area at the local awards ceremony
- National finalists can socialise with the best of the best from around the country at the prestigious VisitEngland Awards for Excellence event
(Please note events are subject to change due to COVID-19)
Don’t think your business is big enough to win an award? All applications are judged in context against the size and style of the business – it’s the customer experience that really matters.