The past year has seen VisitBritain/VisitEngland deliver for British tourism.
In addition to our core grant-in-aid of £19.5 million for VisitBritain and £7 million for VisitEngland, we have continued to benefit from GREAT funding, working alongside the Department for International Trade, the British Council and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. That pot of money is essential to us, providing us with an additional £22.1 million to market Britain as a GREAT place to visit.
Working together to generate additional visitor spend
In 2017/18, our international and domestic marketing activity generated £1 billion of additional visitor spend across the nations and regions of Britain.
This means that for every £1 invested in us, an additional £25 is spent and benefits the economy.
2017/18 also saw us continue to build on powerful partnerships, generating £13 million in private sector investment across our activity.
Our strategic priorities in 2017/18
- Deliver tourism growth across the nations and regions
- Delivery of the Discover England Fund
- Deliver and amplify the GREAT #OMGB marketing campaigns
- Deliver research and insights to inform Government, industry and our marketing activity
- Deepen our partner relationships to leverage value
- Develop our role in the business events sector
- Ensure that we manage our funds efficiently and comply with Government guidelines
- Build the skills and capabilities of our staff and teams to deliver on our priorities
£1 billion of additional visitor spend was generated throughout Britain thanks to our domestic and international activity
For every £1 invested in us, a visitor spends £25 in the UK