VisitBritain achievements 2015/16
Every £1 the Government invests in VisitBritain for international marketing, has resulted in an overseas visitor spending £23 here in Britain. International visitors spent an extra £800 million across the nations and regions of Britain in the last year as a result of our work.
We’ve brought in £12.7 million of private sector investment. What’s more, income from our retail operations has continued to increase.
VisitEngland achievements 2015/16
Last year, the Holidays at Home are GREAT campaign has achieved £97.2 million in incremental spend and we secured £2 million in-kind support for our Holidays at Home are GREAT campaign.
The first 16 successful bids from the Discover England Fund have been awarded to develop England’s competitive tourism offer. The successful projects span the length and breadth of the country and are worth a combined £3 million.
- Best Global Partnership for the Social Travel Summit Inverness at the PR Week Global awards - May 2017
- Marketing Campaign of the Year SME for our GREAT China naming campaign at the CIM Marketing Excellence Awards - April 2016
- Gold in the Service Quality category for our Northern Tourism Growth Fund at the China Tourist Welcome (CTW) Awards presented by China Outbound Tourism Research Institute (COTRI) - April 2016
- Best Experiential Marketing Campaign for our GREAT China naming campaign at The Travel Marketing Awards - March 2016.
- Gold award for 'Best integrated campaign’ with Tourism Ireland at the 2015 MEPRAs (Middle East Public Relations Awards)
- Placed fourth out of the top 40 Best Public Relations Marketing Campaigns at the 2015 Global SABRE Awards for GREAT China Naming campaign - October 2015
- Best Integrated Campaign award for GREAT China Naming campaign at The Drum Dream awards - October 2015
- Honourable mention in the PR Daily's 2015 Digital PR & Social Media Awards for our InstaMeet on the Move project - August 2015
- Communicator Award for Lovewall website - August 2015
- Two gold and one silver award for GREAT China Naming campaign at the Cannes Lion D’Or - June 2015
- Gold award for Sounds of Great Britain at the International Tourism Film Festival – April 2015
- People’s Champ Award for VisitBritain’s Tumblr at the Pixel Awards – April 2015
- GREAT China Welcome programme - Chinese Tourist Welcome Awards – April 2015