English Tourism Week: 30 March - 7 April 2019
Taking place in spring each year, English Tourism Week campaigns to raise the profile of the industry and celebrate the value and quality of tourism in England.
Run in association with VisitEngland, the week is owned by YOU - the destinations, visitor attractions, accommodation providers, related sectors and stakeholders - who make the industry the success that it is!
The campaign provides you with a vehicle to kick start the season and promote your local tourism products and offers. Whether you are an accommodation provider, an attraction, a tourist information centre or a destination, or work in a related sector such as hospitality, transport or retail, everyone can participate.
Support your industry
The English tourism sector touches everyone – visitors, residents, businesses and employees. It’s one of the few sectors active in every part of the country. It’s the third largest employer, every day supporting 2.6 million jobs and is a major employer of school leavers and young people and an incubator for entrepreneurs.
The visitor economy is worth £106 billion a year to England supporting thousands of businesses and impacting on the performance of supplier industries such as restaurants, pubs, farming, transport, retailing, sport, museums and galleries, the theatre and other performing arts. Tourism cannot be offshored – it only happens here! Find out below how to get involved.
What's in it for me?
There are many benefits to businesses getting involved in English Tourism Week. It can:
- Raise the profile and understanding of tourism with decision makers, the media, those who work or are considering a career in the industry
- Increase awareness amongst consumers including local residents to discover the delights on their doorstep, and visitors from further afield who can experience England, its variety, accessibility and value
- Provide a national framework for local destinations, businesses and organisations to build their own marketing and PR campaigns
- Provide you with a free marketing and communication “hook” to heighten awareness of your own activities
English Tourism Week works best when everyone participates. So get involved today!
How do I get involved?
ETW is a great opportunity for the tourism industry to work together, and there are many ways to participate, whether you are a destination management organisation (DMO), local business, tourist information centre or the community, to promote the wealth of tourism products on offer in your destination. See 50 Things to do for English Tourism Week 2019 (PDF, 129KB) for some great tips and ideas, and download posters and logos from the right side panel of this page.
By organising your own event under the English Tourism Week banner you will be raising the profile of your business and be adding to the combined efforts of the week to raise awareness with local residents, their visitors and key decision makers. Get involved and inspire local residents to discover the destinations on their doorstep and beyond.
Follow these four simple steps:
- Start planning your activities for the week. This can include special offers, discounts, fun events and promotions for visitors, local residents, stakeholders and more.
- Download our free toolkit of logos and posters (see right hand panel of this page) to help you brand your events to your local visitors and stakeholders.
- Register your events and offers on our dedicated ETW events platform (available later in the year) using our ETW events submission form, for a chance of promotion across VisitEngland's consumer website and social channels.
- Use the hashtag #EnglishTourismWeek19 on social media to encourage your visitors, customers and even local residents to come to your events and share their photos and experiences on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more.