As well as delivering occupancy levels for the country as a whole, results are also available by region, destination type and establishment size.
How the survey is conducted:
Data is collected from a panel of participating accommodation businesses who submit data each month.
In the UK each of the national tourist boards undertakes its own serviced accommodation occupancy survey. The results from these surveys are combined to deliver the UK Occupancy Survey (UKOS).
In June 2017 a change was made to the occupancy data. The data is now collected using a syndicated panel of more than 3,000 hotels and other accommodation businesses provided by hotel market data and benchmarking company - STR. To allow a meaningful comparison of year on year trends, VisitEngland and STR have included historical data from STR’s own panel in the reports from June 2017 onwards. The historical data displayed in these reports is not consistent with reports published prior to the June 2017 report.
Further details about STR’s panel and data collection can be found in our methodology note (PDF, 359KB).
All reports and data can be found on the VisitEngland website.
England Monthly Reports 2020
- July 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 4.2Mb)
- June 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 4.5Mb)
- May 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 3.1Mb)
- April 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 3.1Mb)
- March 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 3.1Mb)
- February 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 3.1Mb)
- January 2020 (including regional) (PDF, 3.1Mb)
UK Monthly Reports 2020