Financial support is available to new or recurring business events that are held in the UK, up to the value of £20,000 gross per event.
Funds would be to support the creation, growth, development and internationalisation of business events. This includes support towards conferences, congresses, exhibitions and tradeshows taking place in the UK.
Exceptional proposals requiring more than £20,000 per event, backed by a strong business case may be considered on a case by case basis (subject to available funds).
Funds could be used to support the following, indicative activities:
- International delegate marketing campaign through digital or trade media channels
- Communications and digital activity, website, film, webinar, e-newsletters or other content to increase interest and awareness in your event
- PRs activity that secures editorial coverage or an international media buy
- Activations in markets to drive conversion or attract more delegate to your business event
- Sustainability initiatives and legacy projects to demonstrate the event positive impact
- Attraction of high-profile speakers
- Targeted international delegates acquisition
- Satellite events, opening/closing ceremonies, educational sessions
These serve as examples, further ideas to attract international delegates through this fund are welcome.
This strand of the programme can support events taking place in future financial years, however all expenditures have to be annualised in the relevant financial year in which they are allocated. Therefore, if your event is in future financial years but the activity you are requesting funds for will occur by 31 March 2023, please apply to International Delegate Growth as soon as possible.
We welcome applications from various types of organisations, including but not limited to; event organisers, convention bureaus/destination management organisations, universities or associations. If you are delivering the event in partnership, please make this clear in your application.
All applications will be assessed against the criteria outlined in the guidelines. If you do NOT fulfil the mandatory eligibility criteria, please do not apply as your application will not be progressed. Applications will be considered by a Panel of industry experts, to determine successful applicants. Applicants will be contacted if additional information is required to make a decision.
For criteria, funding conditions and the steps to receive financial support, please refer to the IDG Guidelines
How to apply
- Read carefully the application guidelines, paying attention to the fund’s objectives and eligibility criteria. If you need clarification do not hesitate to get in touch.
- If you fulfil the mandatory eligibility criteria, please complete the IDG Application Form and the following supporting documentation:
- Annex B: Subsidy Control declaration form
- BTA New Supplier request form – only applicable if your organisation has not received direct grant payments from VisitBritain before.
- Submit the application form and the supporting documentation to EventSupport@visitbritain.org, with the following reference in the subject line [IDG/Event name]
Please note, the assessment is a two-way process and it can take up to 6 weeks from application to receive a Grant Funding Agreement. Bear this in mind when considering your activity.