VisitEngland and VisitScotland are pleased to be the official tourism sector partners for Purple Tuesday 2021, which took place on 2 November.
Purple Tuesday is a national initiative that helps businesses to improve the experience for their disabled customers, culminating in a celebration in November every year where organisations across all sectors showcase their support for this lucrative market.
The Purple Pound is worth £17.7 billion to Britain’s tourism industry and £15.3billion in England alone. Find out more about the value of the Purple Pound.
Why should I take part?
- Registration is free and you only need to make a minimum of one commitment to improve the accessibility of your business. This could include creating an Accessibility Guide or adopting the hidden disabilities Sunflower Lanyard Scheme
- Get free guidance and resources to help you be more inclusive through simple, low or no cost changes
- Improve the experience for all of your customers
- Raise your profile as a participating business in a national celebration on 2 November
- Show your customers that you are not only COVID-secure, but also inclusive for all.
50% discount on Purple Tuesday 365 training
To support you in welcoming more disabled customers, we are pleased to offer a 50% discount for businesses that sign up to the Purple Tuesday 365 subscription service.
Purple Tuesday 365 is a learning and development programme that has been created in response to Purple Tuesday. It can help you support your staff, address disability issues and broaden accessibility to improve the experience for disabled customers.
Each month, Purple Tuesday 365 holds disability and accessibility awareness webinars and produces bespoke handy hints guides and resources.
With our exclusive discount, your annual subscription can start from as little as £182.50 +VAT. To redeem your discount, quote promo code Visit05 when you register.