VisitEngland 2017 Awards
We have announced the winners of this year's VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.
Now in its 28th year, the Awards celebrate the very best in English tourism championing excellence in best practice and customer service.
The winners were revealed at the Awards Ceremony on the afternoon of 24 April 2017 at the Hilton Waldorf Hotel in central London. A new format for 2017 saw a greater number of awards be presented over High Tea in the renowned Palm Court. During the ceremony the winners from 22 award categories, plus the winners of Tourism Superstar and Outstanding Contribution to English Tourism awards received their award by members of the VisitEngland Advisory Board, as well as sponsors of specific categories, and Sue Perkins, the host and compere of the ceremony.
See the winners and finalists below.
2017 Winners and Finalists
Afternoon Tea of the Year*
- WINNER Countess of York, Yorkshire
- The Chester Grosvenor, North West
- The Grand Brighton, South East.
B&B of the Year
- WINNER St Cuthbert's House, North East.
- Dorset House, South West
- Grassfield Hall, Yorkshire
Boutique/Guest Accommodation of the Year
- WINNER Glazebrook House Hotel, South West
- Daisybank Cottage Boutique Bed and Breakfast, South East
- Grassington House, Yorkshire.
Business Tourism Award
- WINNER Warwick Conferences, West Midlands
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa, North East
- The Crystal by Siemens, London
Dog-Friendly Business of the Year
- WINNER Letheringham Water Mill Holiday Cottages, East of England
- The Lamppost Cafe, Yorkshire
- The Oakley Court, South East.
Family-Friendly Accommodation of the Year*
- WINNER Bosinver Farm Cottages, South West
- Darwin Forest Country Park, East Midlands
- Mill Farm Eco Barn, East of England
- The Olde House, South West.
Family-Friendly Attraction of the Year*
- WINNER Thames Rockets, London
- Beamish, the Living Museum of the North, North East
- Gallery Oldham, North West
Family-Friendly Food & Drink Business of the Year*
- WINNER Chester Zoo, North West
- The Rainforest Café, London.
Glamping Provider of the Year
- WINNER The Dandelion Hideaway, East Midlands.
- Longlands, South West
- Secret Meadows, East of England
GREAT China Welcome of the Year*
- WINNER Blenheim Palace, South East
- Beiwei 55 Degrees Travel Ltd, North East
- Lake District China Forum, North West
- The Lowry Hotel, North West.
Guided Tour of the Year
- WINNER Shiverpool, North West
- Nottingham Robin Hood Town Tour, East Midlands
- Vintage Adventure Tours, East Midlands.
Holiday Park/Holiday Village of the Year
- WINNER Trethem Mill Touring Park, South West.
- Park Cliffe Camping & Caravan Estate, North West
- Poston Mill Country Holiday Park, West Midlands
Hotel of the Year
- WINNER Northcote, North West
- The Manor House Hotel & Golf Club, South West
- The Pheasant Hotel, Yorkshire.
Inclusive Tourism Award
- WINNER Eden Project, South West
- The Deep, Yorkshire
- Victoria & Albert Museum, London.
Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- WINNER Waddesdon Manor, South East
- The Mary Rose Museum, South East
- The Roman Baths & Pump Room, South West
Self-Catering Holiday Provider of the Year
- WINNER Blakelow Farm Holiday Cottages, East Midlands
- Smallshaw Farm Cottages, Yorkshire
- The Waternook Estate, North West.
Self-Catering Property of the Year
- WINNER Cottage in the Dales - The Byre, Yorkshire
- Lendal Tower, Yorkshire
- The Chestnuts, South East.
Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- WINNER Monkey Haven, South East
- Burton Constable Hall & Grounds, Yorkshire
- Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum, South West.
Sustainable Tourism Award
- WINNER Battlesteads Hotel & Restaurant, North East
- Blencathra Centre, North West
- National Marine Aquarium, South West.
Taste of England Award
- WINNER The Art School, North West
- The Coach House by Michael Caines, South West
- The Scarlet Restaurant, South West.
Tourism Pub of the Year
- WINNER The Anchor Inn, South West
- The Howard Arms, West Midlands
- The Tankerville Arms, North East.
Visitor Information Provider of the Year
- WINNER Gloucester Tourist Information Centre, South West
- Oxford VIC / Experience Oxfordshire, South East
- Rugby Visitor Centre, West Midlands.
* indicates new or amended category