As part of the Event Support Programme there are several types of support available. Destination Management Organisations (DMOs) and venues and event organisers who are collaborating with DMOs can still apply for advocacy support.
Advocacy - non-financial support - ongoing
VisitBritain and DCMS are working with cross-Government partners on a non-financial support package which could include, for example:
- Letters of support from Ministerial and senior Government figures
- Letters of support from non-Government influencers
- Video messages from Ministerial and senior Government figures
- Attendance at a bid support activity by a Government Minister or influencer (e.g. at the location of the current rotation of the event)
- Hosting a reception for event organisers in Great Britain and Northern Ireland to push the British offer
- Utilising Heads of Mission and diplomatic missions overseas
- Department for International Trade support
- UKV&I support
Live Bid financial support - closed 16 June
Financial support is available for activity to boost the impact of bids to secure new events. Applications for financial support could include, for example:
- Support to pitch at the bid, by supporting one destination representative attendance and pitch costs
- Towards sales and marketing activity on territory at the bid pitch, to increase awareness and sway voters to a favorable UK city position
- Towards media / social media activity in support of the bid (such as industry /sector channels and networks relating specifically to the sector of the event being bid for)
- A contribution towards communications and digital activity, website, apps, live streaming, social media, film, webinar, e-newsletters, content supporting a bid
- A contribution towards translation costs of a bid
NB tangible outputs are required for all applications.
Next step: Read the guidance and criteria for event support applications.