Run in conjunction with our partner, the Daily Mirror, the campaign champions careers in tourism (for people of all ages) and promotes quality, customer service and excellence within England’s tourism industry.
Now in its eighth year, Tourism Superstar recognises and celebrates those individuals in the tourism industry who go the extra mile to ensure tourists in England have an amazing and unforgettable visitor experience. Tourism Superstar nominees are passionate about where they work and the destination they live in and consistently set the bar high for the standard of service in England's tourism industry.
The VisitEngland Tourism Superstar competition is now open for nominations for 2019. Submit your nomination (Word, 56KB) by 14 December.
Please bear in mind that all nominees will need to be willing and able to attend the filming in London or in their locality during January and February 2019, sign a waiver for the film rights and attend the VisitEngland Awards event during English Tourism Week 2019, 30 March – 7 April (date and venue TBC).
To qualify the Tourism Superstar must:
- Work for a tourism business or organisation in England and continue to work for that organisation at the time of English Tourism Week.
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about the destination they work in and happy to talk about the destination outside of their work remit.
- Go above and beyond the call of duty to make a holiday experience to remember for visitors.
- Be available and willing to travel to London during early January to be filmed and happy for that film to be posted on the Mirror website for a number of weeks.
- Be available to attend the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence Celebration during English Tourism Week 2019 30 March – 7 April (date and venue TBC).
- Be aware that they have been nominated and happy to participate in any related PR and media opportunities during or post the announcement of the winner.
- The ten finalists will be required to fill in and sign a waiver form to allow VisitEngland rights to the films we create.
- The ten shortlisted candidates will be filmed either in London or in their local area in January and early February 2019. Their mini films (30 seconds max) will be posted on www.mirror.co.uk from 20 February – 3 April 2019 where the public will be able to vote for their favourite finalist. They will essentially have between 10 and 30 seconds to say why they should be the Tourism Superstar 2019. The dates for individual filming will be agreed and confirmed as soon as possible.
- There will also be longer films created of the 10 finalists for use on VistEngland’s consumer and corporate channels. The nominees will be filmed going about their daily roles as tourism ambassadors as tourism ‘Faces of England’. The finalist will need to fill in and sign a waiver form for this.
- The Mirror will publicise the online voting mechanism online and in the paper throughout the campaign and via Twitter.
- VisitEngland will promote the campaign via its various channels including consumer channels.
- Readers will vote on which Tourism Superstar they think should win.
- The most successful candidates in the past have been supported by robust destination-led media and social media campaigns throughout the voting process.
- The finalists will be invited to attend VisitEngland Awards for Excellence Celebration during English Tourism Week 30 March – 7 April 2019 (date and venue TBC).
- The winner will be invited to attend a lunch in London towards the end of April with Nigel Thompson (Daily Mirror) and a senior VisitEngland Executive, (date and venue TBC) .