Run in conjunction with our partner, the Daily Mirror, the campaign champions careers in tourism (for people of all ages) and promotes quality, customer service and excellence within England’s tourism industry.
Finalists are nominated by either their businesses or local destination management organisation (DMO). The winner will be decided by public vote on the Mirror website and announced during English Tourism Week. They will receive their award at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence ceremony.
Find your Superstar
Nominations for Tourism Superstar are now closed.
- 28 November 2016: Deadline for nominations
- Early January 2017: The successful individuals and respective DMOs will be notified they have made the final 10 shortlist
- 18 January 2017: 10 finalists invited to London to film a video for the Mirror website – members of the public will then be able to watch the video and cast their votes
- 11 March to 1 April: Voting will open to the public on the Mirror website. Support your local nominee by using the hashtag #TourismSuperstar on social media to spread the word and encourage votes.
- 25 March – 2 April: English Tourism Week
- 1 April: Winner announced in Saturday’s Mirror
- w/c 24 April: ‘Tourism Superstar’ award presented at the VisitEngland Awards 2017 event
Please get in touch with Charlotte Sanders on or call her on 0207 578 1428 if you have any questions.
Past winners gallery
See photos of previous winners below:
(L-R: Buzby Allan, Potters Resort, Norfolk, 2014; Matthew Henderson, Beamish Museum, Co. Durham, 2015; Lilian Groves, Durham Cathedral, Co. Durham, 2016).