During the coming period, we will be focused on a “support local” message across our earned and owned channels to shine the spotlight on local businesses during his difficult time.
What is it?
Our content across our consumer website, social media and PR channels will focus on three key themes:
- Seasonal Fun – England tourism businesses offering virtual experiences or planning events post-lockdown
- Local Flavour – England food and drink producers offering local takeaway, “at home” food and drink experiences
- Learn More – England tourism businesses offering opportunities to learn new skills at home (e.g. local distillery offering gin making kits)
All news and content suggestions are welcome, but we’re particularly interested in hearing about the below (aligned to the three key themes):
- Valentine’s Day (14 February) gift guide – England tourism businesses and food and drink producers offering themed virtual experiences, at home deliveries for romance or anti-Valentine’s day celebrations
- Mother’s Day (14 March) gift guide - England tourism businesses and food and drink producers offering themed at home experiences and deliveries to celebrate Mother’s Day
- February Half Term – virtual events and experiences for families to enjoy during Half Term
- Local businesses offering online classes or “make your own at home” kits. These might be free or paid.
- Local food & drink producers offering takeaway services or “make your own at home” kits – e.g. local breweries / distilleries who are delivering; make your gin kits etc.
- Local attractions offering paid virtual ways to enjoy them
When sharing your suggestions, please share useful web links and details of prices (where relevant).
Please send your news and content suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*We may not be able to reply to everyone, but if you send us your news we will be regularly managing the inbox and considering your stories for potential use in our consumer marketing activity over the next four weeks.
Share on social
You can also share content aligned to the above criteria using #EscapeTheEveryday (at home) for an opportunity to be reshared on VisitEngland’s social channels.