We are planning our international recovery campaign to inspire overseas visitors to travel to Great Britain and Northern Ireland when able and enjoy our amazing tourism offer this autumn and beyond. As part of this process, we are gathering news to help us identify our stories for the international consumer marketing channels for autumn / winter 2020 and for 2021.
We recognise that it remains a difficult time for many destinations and businesses and we appreciate that your focus is on the present. However, if you do have news then we’re keen to hear from you.
All stories are very welcome, but we’re particularly interested in hearing about:
- Businesses that are adapting / innovating to follow government COVID-19 measures and guidance – creative and unique examples
- Major openings and launches (i.e. hotels, accommodation, attractions, exhibitions, restaurants etc.)
- Key 2021 anniversaries
- Any film / TV tie-ins (e.g. has a new film / TV show been shot in your destination – can the public visit the location?)
- Brand new tours / trails
- Notable events
A few things to note
When sharing your news:
- We’d like to hear about interesting people associated with the experience that could help bring the news story to life – please share their job description and a short summary of their role.
- Please confirm if image / video assets are or will be available to support your news story and if you would be willing to give VisitBritain the right to use these in our marketing activity. You don’t need to share these with us at present.
- We are keen to celebrate how diverse and inclusive Great Britain and Northern Ireland is, so when sharing stories please do highlight where possible.
You may not have much news to share at present, but top-line information is welcome at this stage and you can then keep us updated as your plans develop. We’ll continue to collate your news and stories over the coming months for potential inclusion in our consumer PR, social and website content.
For Great Britain and Northern Ireland (international) news please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*We may not be able to reply to everyone, but if you send us your news we will be regularly managing the inbox and considering your stories for potential use in our consumer marketing activity for autumn/winter 2020 and for 2021.
For more details on how you can get involved in our current campaign, Know Before You Go.