We are planning the next phase of our domestic recovery campaign to inspire consumers to travel and enjoy the country’s amazing tourism offer from this autumn. As part of this process, we are gathering news to help us identify our stories for the England consumer marketing channels for autumn / winter and for 2021.
We recognise that it remains a difficult time for many destinations and businesses and we appreciate that your focus is on the present. However, if you do have news then we’re keen to hear from you.
All news stories are very welcome, but we’re particularly interested in hearing about:
- Businesses that are adapting and innovating to follow government COVID-19 measures and guidance (creative and unique examples)
- Major openings and launches (i.e. hotels, accommodation, attractions, exhibitions, restaurants etc.)
- Any film / TV tie-ins (e.g. has a new film / TV show been shot in your destination – can the public visit the location?)
- 2021 key anniversaries
- Brand new tours / trails / bookable packages
- Notable events
News stories will be considered for media pitching and to feature in our social and website content.
Please send your news and content suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*We may not be able to reply to everyone, but if you send us your news we will be regularly managing the inbox and considering your stories for potential use in our consumer marketing activity for autumn and winter 2020.
A few things to note
When sharing your news:
- We’d like to hear about interesting people associated with the experience that could help bring the news story to life – please share their job description and a short summary of their role.
- Please confirm if image / video assets are or will be available to support your news story and if you would be willing to give VisitEngland the right to use these in our marketing activity. You don’t need to share these with us at present.
- We are keen to celebrate how diverse and inclusive England is, so when sharing stories, please do highlight where possible.
You may not have much news to share at present, but top-line information is welcome at this stage and you can then keep us updated as your plans develop. We’ll continue to collate your news and stories over the coming months for potential inclusion in our consumer PR, social and website content.
For domestic England news please send to email@example.com.*
*We may not be able to reply to everyone, but if you send us your news we will be regularly managing the inbox and considering your stories for potential use in our consumer marketing activity for autumn / winter 2020 and for 2021.
For more details on how you can get involved in our current campaign Know Before You Go.