We have developed a programme of strategic research which will be delivered during 2016/17 based on the requests and the wider requirements of the Fund.
The programme will cover the following:
- Secondary research of existing data sources – delivering a series of topic reports, bringing together product development-related insights from across a range of data sources covering for example, activities, life stages / demographics, multi-destination trips, destination types, ports of entry and transport
- Case studies illustrating best practice and learnings from product development initiatives around the world
- An innovation approach for tourism product development, creating a toolkit to help identify areas of opportunity and optimise funded projects in 2017 and beyond
- Activities and themes - research to better understand the appeal of a wide range of activities / thematic areas among international audiences
- Business Visits and Events – a modular programme of research, likely to focus on motivations and barriers, delegate expenditure and business extenders
- “London plus” – research to help maximise the appeal of products outside of London
- Travel Trade research – to understand the attitudes of the travel trade towards England’s regional product
- Regional gateways – understanding the role of regional gateways in facilitating regional spread
- Future trends – identifying the macro trends influencing international tourism in the years to come
Download more detail about the programme (PPT, 5MB)
See the latest published Discover England Fund research.