A series of product development case studies highlighting a range of new tourism product from around the world, is available below.
- Touring Route: Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland: The Wild Atlantic Way is Ireland's first long-distance touring route, created to increase the economic contribution of tourism to the Atlantic coast. Download here (PDF, 2028KB)
- Cycling Route: Vennbahn Cycle Route: Europe’s longest disused railway cycle path, using local infrastructure and showcasing the region’s scenic beauty and its cultural heritage. Download here (PDF, 1910KB)
- Cultural/Walking Routes: St Olav Ways, Norway: The development of these pilgrim paths has been based on historical routes leading through outstanding natural heritage, agricultural landscapes and heritage destinations and attractions. Download here (PDF, 1340KB)
- Food and Drink Experiences: Margaret River Region, Australia: Margaret River is an exceptional example of a region which has successfully developed its food and drink experiences into a major visitor proposition. Download here (PDF, 2469KB)
- Experience Marketing: Signature Experiences Programme, Canada: The Canadian Signature Experiences® collection is a set of Canadian visitor experiences with an aim to capture the attention and imagination of consumers. Download here (PDF, 643KB)
- Transport-based packaging: Switzerland Tourism & Partners: This case study reviews a set of interrelated booking and packaging initiatives in Switzerland. Download here (PDF, 1843KB)
- Management Summary: This report outlines the project's objectives and provides a summary of each case study. Download here (PDF, 446KB)