The travel industry has seen a rapid growth in the demand for adventure, experience-led and immersive travel experiences. As consumer awareness around sustainable and responsible tourism grows, customers are seeking experiences that resonate with them on a personal level and to connect with local cultures in destination.
ABTA's Adventure Travel Conference will help you to understand, inspire and engage with adventure travellers.
Sessions will cover:
- Defining the adventure travel industry and understanding the adventure travel consumer
- Sustainable and responsible travel considerations for adventure products
- Hot destinations, experiences and activities
- Product trends – the rise in solo travel, expedition cruising, slow adventure experiences and adventure travel for PRMs
- Segmenting the adventure travel market and tailoring your marketing
- Developing content to appeal to the adventure traveller and how to align your brand with the adventure travel industry
- The role travel agents play in selling adventure travel
- Adventure travel risk management including over-tourism, global political and economic risks and safety during adventure experiences.
Giles Hawke, Chief Executive, Cosmos, and former Chair, ATAS, will be moderating this one-day conference. He will be joined by marketing and sustainability experts, tour operators and travel agency representatives selling adventure travel products.