Escape the Everyday... responsibly
As tourism begins to open up across England in line with Step 3 of the Government roadmap, we’re encouraging responsible travel that makes a positive impact on local communities and invite you to join us in communicating an “Escape the Everyday Responsibly” message.
We wish to land the following key messages for responsible travel:
- Plan and book ahead. If your plans change, remember to cancel in good time so your table or room doesn’t go to waste.
- Respect, protect, and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
- Avoid tourist hotspots and check out England’s hidden gems instead.
- Be kind to staff and locals, and support local independent businesses where you can.
- Follow social distancing rules, wash your hands regularly and wear face coverings where necessary.
- Look out for the We’re Good to Go mark – it shows businesses that are operating in line with government COVID guidance.
From 12 April, we will be sharing this messaging across our channels and there are a number of ways you can get involved which include:
- Download the ‘Escape the Everyday… responsibly’ lock up (ZIP, 6.75MB) and applying to your creative
- Download six ‘Escape the Everyday… responsibly’ infographics (ZIP, 3.06MB) and sharing on your social channels
- Download an A4 ‘Escape the Everyday… responsibly’ infographic with all messages included and including on your website. There are two options provided, one with the VisitEngland logo and website (PDF, 995MB) at the bottom of the page, and one with an option for you to include your own website url and logo (PDF, 990MB).
- Integrating the six key messages outlined in your content and on your channels.
You can also access the ‘Know Before You Go’ toolkit and download the branding to use on your creative if you require a more immediate and direct message.
The rail industry is following government guidance and taking steps to ensure the safe and continued running of the railway. National Rail ask businesses to encourage employees and customers to follow the recommended travel guidance. You can view their advice for businesses webpage and download their ‘Advice for Businesses' PDF booklet.