Previously Nadine Dorries MP was Minister of State at the Department of Health and Social Care, after being promoted from Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the department. She was elected as the Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire in May 2005.
She joined the Panel of Chairs in 2011 and has served as Chair on numerous Public Bill Committees including the Investigatory Powers Bill Committee and the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill Committee.
As a former nurse and medical representative Nadine Dorries’ policy interests include health, social structure and law and order.
Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has overall responsibility for strategy and policy across the department and management of the UK transition for the department.
- Arts and Culture
- Creative industries
- Creative Industries Council
- Cultural property, heritage and the historic environment
- Cultural Renewal Taskforce
- Culture, sports and arts sector recovery from COVID-19
- Gambling and racing
- Media ownership and mergers
- Museums and galleries
- The National Lottery
- Telecommunications and online