JATA Online Travel Mart is a virtual event organised by the Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) that aims to demonstrate the presence of the Japanese outbound travel industry to the governmental bodies in charge of easing the border restrictions and create opportunities for the restart of outbound travel. The event is composed of three online events – a forum, a seminar and business meeting calendar. Please see the resources section for further details.
Who will attend?
Approximately 500 Japanese buyers will meet with 500 Overseas sellers from across the globe and VisitBritain will be attending alongside selected partners to promote visits to Britain.
Who can register interest?
This opportunity is being offered for free to DMOs and UK suppliers to take part in this key event. Spaces are limited and subject to approval. Expressions of interest are welcomed from partners who believe they meet the following criteria:
- A high focus on the Japanese market, and history of engagement with our team in Japan
- Offering of products that are in demand for the Japanese market
- Willingness to prepare presentations in Japanese and are international market ready background
- Willingness to work with our team in Japan and Japanese travel agents to propose and support new forms of products for the resumption of overseas travel after the pandemic
- If previously attended JATA Travel Mart, you must not have been a no-show
- Only sellers who register via the registration link given by our team and are approved will qualify for sponsorship of their attendance. Sellers that choose to register directly via JATA Travel Mart will not qualify to attend with VisitBritain.
18 October: Meeting Diary request opens
25 October-1 November: Forum
4-30 October: Seminars
10-12 November: Online business meeting