How to apply
Destination Management Organisations (DMOs) or venues and event organisers who are collaborating with DMOs are eligible to submit an application. Applications must be discussed and agreed with local DMOs (if applicant is not a DMO) prior to application.
DMO applications must be agreed with the relevant National Tourist Board (NTB) - VisitEngland, London & Partners, Tourism Northern Ireland, VisitScotland and Visit Wales.
Applicants can apply for advocacy by downloading the advocacy support application template (Word, 174KB) and and submiting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for short-term financial support for spend during year 2016/17 is open up to 16 September 2016
- Applications for advocacy – non-financial support can be received on a regular basis. We recommend applying as far in advance as possible to get the best possible assistance, for example Ministerial commitments booked in
- Applications for a forward commitment of financial support for spend in year 2017/18 is open until14 October 2016
- An assessment panel will meet on a regular basis to consider applications submitted
- The panel consists of representatives from VisitBritain, UK Trade & Investment, the Department for Culture Media and Sport, the GREAT Britain campaign and the private sector
- Online applications will only be considered if the criteria has been verified which includes prior discussion with an NTB and / or the local DMO
Next Step: If you can fulfil the criteria and have discussed your application with your NTB or relevant DMO click here to download the advocacy support application template template (Word, 174KB)