The group has been monitoring impact and sharing evidence of the issues facing the industry and business impact to help Government develop and shape support for tourism businesses at this crucial time. TIER is currently meeting on a weekly basis.
Most recent issues raised by members include:
- Opening of the events and conferences and the need to ensure all event sizes are considered not just the large ones
- Tourism to city centres being of concern without large numbers of inbound tourists these areas will struggle
- Still needing dates for some areas of the sector including nightclubs which has an impact on pubs, live music and entertainment in those venues. Also the need to review the guidance for hostels.
- The need to ensure clear communication around differences in legislation in the different nations, (e.g. group sizes)
- Ways to extend the season to ensure businesses can operate as long as possible.