What is it?
So that we can best support the tourism industry at this difficult time, we have been consulting industry partners including DMOs and SMEs to inform and shape our domestic marketing approach over the next four weeks.
Our objective remains to keep short breaks top of mind for when people can travel again and where possible, encourage consumers to support local business during lockdown through activities that bring value to UK industry.
Sitting under the campaign umbrella, Escape the Everyday at Home will bring owned and earned channel content together across three key themes:
- Festive Fun – England tourism businesses offering festive-themed virtual experiences or planning festive events post-lockdown
- Local Flavour – England food and drink producers offering local takeaway, “at home” food and drink experiences
- Learn More – England tourism businesses offering opportunities to learn new skills at home (e.g. local distillery offering gin making kits)
So, from Christmas gift round-ups inspired by England, to home-cooking kits supplied by top restaurants – our content during this second lockdown will place the spotlight on local producers and makers.
How can you get involved?
- Share your stories / news to potentially feature in our marketing content over the next four weeks
- Share content on your own channels using #EscapeTheEveryday (at home)
- Download the Escape the Everyday at Home logo for use on your marketing channels.