To grow the volume and value of inbound tourism across the nations and regions of Britain and to develop world class English tourism product to support our growth aspirations.
Facts about British tourism
- Tourism is a £127 billion industry representing around 10% of GDP in Britain
- Tourism supports 3.1 million jobs, 9.6% of total jobs in 2013
- Inbound tourism contributed £26.2 billion to the British economy in 2015
- British residents spent £19.6 billion on 102.7 million overnight trips in England in 2015
- International visitors spent a record £22.5 billion here last year
Our strategic priorities
Our activity drives economic growth across the nations and regions by providing customer focused marketing strategy built on content, digital and PR. This increases the aspiration to travel, and links our B2B and product development work to make sure that bookable regional British product is available to international consumers. Our focused regional strategies allow us to leverage our knowledge of the local overseas market, translate the changing consumer trends and engage with key target segments proactively throughout their entire customer journey.
In 2017/18, the organisation will continue to maintain distinct activities to develop and market English tourism and to market Britain overseas to drive growth in international leisure and business tourism.
Our strategic corporate priorities for 2017/18 are:
- Delivering tourism growth across the nations and regions
- Delivery of the Discover England Fund
- Deliver and amplify the GREAT #OMGB marketing campaigns
- Deliver research and insights to inform Government, industry and our marketing activity
- Deepen our partner relationships to leverage value
- Develop our role in the Business Events sector in Britain and England