Over a billion opportunities to see
Our ‘always-on’ PR strategy generated maximum positive editorial exposure for England, generating a billion opportunities to see and over 2,200 pieces of coverage. The campaign celebrated amazing moments and encouraged people to take more holidays at home in 2016/17.
From Hamlet to Harry Potter, England’s literature is world-renowned. Year of Literary Heroes celebrated the nation’s rich literary heritage, connecting bookable product to major anniversaries taking place throughout 2017. We linked with World Book Day, developed our first survey into literary tourism and teamed up with key industry and influencer partners to achieve widespread coverage.
- Our literary map of England was seen by 1.4m people – one our best performing social media posts of 2016/17
- Wide-ranging influencer and press trips to key literary locations achieved 448 pieces of domestic consumer coverage, resulting in 93m opportunities to see
- VisitEngland’s partnership with Britmums resulted in #BookEngland trending on Twitter
- Industry and destination partners took the theme and ran with it, with local and nationwide trails encouraging wider exploration of England’s literary heritage
- To reach a wider audiemce we worked extensively with the social influencers.
- Teaming up with popular Instagrammer, Zannavandijk, we built ambassadorial support for VisitEngland across social media, reaching 186,000 of her followers.
- Harnessing Britmums’ popular blogging and influencer network, our #OMGBFamily hashtag generated 27.5m impressions and achieved #7 trending in the UK.