GREAT and strategic partners
- We led four successful bids to the GREAT Challenge Fund (GCF), securing £619,500 to extend the #OMGB campaign into new markets:
- £300,000 for #OMGB in Spain and Italy, working with Pure Brand
- Following a Marketing Manchester-led bid, Football is GREAT China secured £210,000
- £100,000 GCF funding for a tactical #OMGB campaign with British Airways
- Beatles-related activity in Japan will receive a £9,500 GCF boost
Throughout the year we continued to work with public diplomacy partners around the world to strengthen relationships with GREAT collaborators. The Foreign and Commonwealth offices in Sweden, Russia, Australia and China have now formally included tourism within their business plans for 2017/18. Tourism also featured prominently in 15 bids initiated by our public diplomacy partners – worth over £1.3m in GCF funding. In 2016/17, our contribution to the government’s Global Britain communications programme, secured funding for new marketing campaigns through the GREAT Challenge Fund, with further funding in excess of £500,000 secured between April and September to support campaigns and activity in Spain, North America, Indonesia and Russia.
Together with the UK’s national tourist boards, we celebrate and promote travel to all the nations and regions of the country. This year we worked with VisitScotland to create itineraries for Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology. Working with VisitWales for Year of Legends 2017, we invited visitors to join the conversation with the #FindYourEpic hashtag. VisitBritain and Tourism Northern Ireland also signed a memorandum of understanding this June, which provides clarity on how we can work with Tourism Northern Ireland and promote Northern Ireland (NI).