Tourism bilateral as part of UK China P2P
Reaching the trade at Destination Britain SE Asia
Sharing market advice with the UK industry
Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA)
- Growth - Our work will grow Britain’s market share, improve its competitive position for long term growth and establish Britain as a highly inspirational and welcoming destination through top of the class marketing campaigns.
- Product - Increase in regional and seasonal product distribution in the markets to provide more choices for customers along the planning, shopping and booking cycle, work with the product team to identify gaps and facilitate new product packaging.
- Partnership - Extend our reach and drive incremental conversion to Britain, by deepening existing partnerships and developing new tourism partnerships. Support the Government’s post-Brexit agenda in Commonwealth markets and its ambitions in the Gulf Cooperation Council territories.
- Digital & Social - Integrate content, digital and social media to increase our reach throughout the customer journey.
China and North East Asia
- Growth - Grow Britain’s market share, improve its competitive position for long term growth and establish Britain as a highly inspirational and welcoming destination through top of the class marketing campaigns.
- Product - Work closely with key market intermediaries and the UK industry to develop a wide range of bespoke, bookable regional and seasonal products that are appealing to China & NEA, while expanding distribution and driving conversion through effective trade network, digital channels and event platforms.
- Partnership - Focus on existing key commercial partnerships while nurturing new partnerships for brand, content, digital and conversion. We will champion tourism through strengthened Public Diplomacy Partnerships in the region and expand our reach and impact as a valued and integrated part of Government.
- Digital & Social - By harnessing the power of digital and social channels (especially in China),we will amplify the impact of marketing, trade and partnership activities. This will be achieved by reacting to changing consumer trends and engaging key target segments proactively throughout the customer journey.
- Barrier - Continue to lower travel barriers by developing and supporting more routes to Britain, especially those flying into the nations and regions. We will continue to work with UK Visas and Immigration to improve Britain’s competitiveness of visa services in China.